Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spider Beanie

This item, which was the first thing I completed for the OYP swap, didn't fit in the can. Well, it did before I made everything else, but here it is modeled by me:

knitted spider hat

knitted spider hat

I used scrap yarn I was given. The orange/black (acrylic?) yarn is kinda scratchy, so I put a thick fuzzy chenille type on the band around the head. The knit pattern was made on my DIY pen loom with a slightly altered "rib stitch"(It really a 1 over 2) I learned online. I made the pom pom body, but the head is a store bought pom pom I had left from another project. The spider (cat) eyes were also bought for another project. Overall, I think it turned out really cute. It looks ordinary until you see it from the back staring at you.

My daughter didn't want to give it up, so I guess I'll be making her one. Probably pink/brown.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I want one too that is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristin.

    Beanies are a great beginner project. They don't take a lot of time to finish. I learned a great deal while making it and had fun decorating it, too.

    I'd wear one all year long if he'd scare off the biting insects around here? :)

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. found a picture of your hat when I was searching for pumpkin carving spider patterns. I loved it so much that I'm trying to make my version with my knifty knitter round loom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear I could inspire you! And, thanks for commenting. :)

      Good luck on the hat!

      Mieljolie

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin