Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Still Alive & Looming

Phew, it's been too long since I've posted about my knitting endeavors! Still trying to find the time to finish the Unity Scarf. Just one color band left and the crest. Will it ever get there?! I just haven't been able to pick it back up these days. Family, faires, and other crafting have kept me busy.

I really hope to start some gloves to try out the new techniques I've experimented with. I'm in love with the "slither" arm warmers Crafterella needle-knit me in a swap for my "tabistry" Turkish Vest pattern. They fit so perfectly and are sooo cool. I'm so smitten by them, I would like to try to translate a similar pattern to loom in the near future. We shall see.


Aren't they the neatest?!

Lately, I've been accumulating quite the yarn collection. I find them mostly at local swap meets and in clearance bins. About 4 milk crates full so far! Mostly acrylics, but I have managed to find a couple wool skeins I plan to try Kool-aid dying. Sounds like something fun to do this summer.

That's about all the news for now. As usual, I will keep posting my finished projects and new breakthroughs.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree. :) When I first saw them on knitty.com I had to have them. They fit perfectly and are so comfy! Crafterella did a wonderful job on them. She also has some very clever craft projects on her blog to check out. Where she finds the time for all she does I'll never know. She's awesome!

    Mieljolie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin